How to monitor the Tobacco Industry and enjoy a Tobacco FREE festive season
As we approach the festive season, the Tobacco Industry continues to illegally use the internet and online platforms to target users.
We encourage Ugandans to monitor and help us report any cases of tobacco advertising during the festive season. Through use of target key words, hashtags and many other techniques, we encourage advocates to share with us any advertisements of the tobacco industry as we strive to reaching a tobacco free Uganda.
In order to enjoy a Tobacco FREE festive season, here is what we encourage you to do.
1. Avoid smoking in
- Public places
- Residential areas
- Public transport facilities
2. Help report any display of Tobacco products
- Grocery stores
- Vending points
3. Avoid selling any form of tobacco to persons under 21 years
4. Cease from any form of promotion of tobacco products
5. Do not indulge in purchase or distribution of illegal tobacco products
- Smokeless tobacco
6. Keep your lungs safe
We encourage you to Enjoy a toxic FREE festive season
Happy Holidays from the Tobacco Control Uganda family